We welcome you to participate in the next Willimiesajot criterium and road race in Lappeenranta on July 22 and 23, 2017!
Willimiesajot is a new and ambitious two-day cycling event in South Karelia, Finland. On Saturday, national level top drivers race against each other on Finland’s most beautiful criterium track in the historic Rakuunanmäki area of Lappeenranta. Sunday offers a possibility to enjoy biking by all cyclists including race drivers as well as more relaxed hobby cyclists: the 135 km course offers a great variety of sceneries from the city of Lappeenranta to the smaller villages of Lemi, Savitaipale and Taipalsaari, all linked with scenic country roads surrounded by forests and farmlands. The final kilometres of the course take place along the eskers and connected islands amidst Lake Saimaa with the finishing line back at Rakuunamäki, which also accommodates the event center throughout the weekend. The event is complemented by side events such as a stage race for kids.
|Lap length||2,3 km|
|Total length||35 km|
|Lap elevation||26 m|
|Total elevation gain||375 m|
|Total elevation gain||1310 m|
|Dirt roads (good surface)||10 km (2.7 and 7 km)|
|Cycle path||1,2 km|
Registration is closed! Next years race will open for registration by February 2017. Stay posted
Willimieskortteli criterium Saturday July 23, 2016
- Men’s category, only for licensed riders.
- Start time 14:00 from Rakuunamäki
- 35 kilometres (15 laps x 2,3km)
- Primes announced with bell
- Prizes 1. 300 €, 2. 200 € 3. 100 €, prime win 50 €
Kids’ stage race
- Open for all children
- Start and finish at criterium starting line at 13:00
- No advance registration, all types of bikes welcome
- Everybody wins a prize!
Saimaa road race Sunday July 24, 2016
- Open for all cyclists, competitive (license) riders start separately
- All categories start at 10:00 from Rakuunamäki
- 135 km including 10 km of good gravel roads
- Primes at Lemi, Savitaipale ja Taipalsaari villages
- Categories: Men’s and women’s competitive (only for licensed riders), men’s and women’s non-competitive
- Designated pace riders will lead pace groups at 25km/h and 30km/h (average speed)
- Prizes: Top three of competitive category receive cash prizes (1. 200€, 2.150€, 3.100€) , 4th and 5th receive gift prizes. Top three of non-competitive category receive gift prizes.
The race is conducted according to the rules and regulations of the Cycling Union of Finland (SPU) and Finnish traffic legislation. Aero bars or any other auxiliary bars are prohibited in the competition category, and are also discouraged in the non-competitive category. The organizers do not have insurance to cover the participants. Every cyclist participates at his/her own risk, and should have the appropriate insurance coverage. Riders participating in the competitive category are required to have a valid license.
- Cycling club Lappeenrannan pyöräilijät ry
- email: email@example.com
- Facebook : www.facebook.com/willimiesajot
- Twitter & Instagram : #Willimiesajot
- Race manager: Jari Husu