Willimiesajot is a spectacular two-day cycling event in South Karelia, Finland. On Saturday, top national-level riders compete on Finland’s greatest criterium at Rakuunamäki, Lappeenranta. On Sunday, all friends of cycling, from racers to enthusiasts, have a chance to enjoy road racing. The 136-kilometre Saimaa Road Race offers a variety of sceneries: cityscapes in Lappeenranta, small-town centres at Lemi, Savitaipale and Taipalsaari as well as picturesque country roads.
WILLIMIES CRITERIUM SATURDAY 18.7.2020
Categories and timetable
- NORPPA SPRINT
On the 10th lap in the men’s race at the top of the Liisankatu climb. The amount of the price will be determined by the amount newborn saimaa seal cubs at the spring 2012.
- Other prices TBA
SAIMAA ROAD RACE SUNDAY 19.7.2020
- Start 1: TBA
- Start 2: Non competitive group
- Start 3: Guided average speed groups 34, 32, 30, 28+others km/h
No registeration for guided average speed groups, just choose the right start group.
Participation not allowed with cyclists with a valid national (any country) or international race license. Bicycle helmet is a mandatory. No trashing at any point!
All starts at 10:00
Lappeenrannan Energia Free Ride 19.7.2020
- START 10:15 AM. After long distance riders.
- Distance 81km. You can choose any bike you want. Good surface roads. Helmet compulsory.
- You should finish before 16:00 PM.
- Take in mind that this is not a race and you should obey normal traffic rules.
- No littering of any sort is allowed at the start or along the route.
- Two service point after about 35 km (Pakari) and 55 km (Lemi).
Click “Start registration” and follow instructions. After successful registration a confirmation email will be send to you.
|Cycling tour (no license, 135 km)||35.00||40.00||50.00||60.00|
|Criterium M14, M16*||TBA|
|Criterium- and road race*||TBA|
|Lappeenrannan Energia Free ride (81 km)||25.00||30.00||35.00||40.00|
|*Only for riders with a valid national (any nationality) or UCI licence|